Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Overalls

Some days I find myself wearing overalls. 

A few months ago I bought a cheap but reasonably well fitting pair at Value Village (the most fun place to shop, in my opinion) with the hope that I could figure out a way to actually wear them in public. I've always felt like there is an adventurous dresser living inside me, whispering ideas of polka-dot tights and 80s sweaters to me in my sleep. 

I used to be too scared to dress how I wanted. I would buy clothes that I loved and never wear them. Lately, I've found my style. I'm more confident in how I dress and that confidence has allowed me to take more risks with what I'm wearing. Sometimes I get to school and immediately regret my outfit choice, but more often than not I end up loving what I'm wearing and getting a few compliments. 


At this moment, I'm sitting in a coffee shop wearing overalls. This morning they called to me from the shelf. Regular pants just didn't seem good enough. So I threw together an outfit and decided, to hell with it, if I want to rock overalls then I can. And maybe it worked, the barista said she liked them. But the most important thing is that right now, I'm loving my outfit and that's all that really matters.

Enjoy today,
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...