Friday, December 14, 2012

An un-stuffed holiday season

Save the stuffing for the dinner table. This year, I decided to go sans-stuff for the holidays.

I only have a small list of people on my holiday shopping list, but somehow I still stress out over the gifting season. I'm a bit of a gift perfectionist, so it usually takes me some time to come up with and find the (close to) perfect thing. The holiday season is a stressful time. Everyone and their best friends are out shopping and with finals and all I just don't have the time (or desire, really) to join them.

Solution? Make stuff! Last year it was candies (peanut butter cups, almond joys, caramels) and this year it was cookies. Giving batch-made gifts for the holidays allows me the time and money to give special gifts for birthdays. In my opinion, one great gift (and some cookies) a year is much better than two blah gifts. I'll give you a quick list of why making things is the way to go.

Top 5 reasons to make gifts:

1. It saves you money
2. It saves you time (everything done in one day)
3. It saves you stress (no crazy holiday shopping)
4. It fosters simplicity (who knows, your friend might have a few of whatever you're giving sitting around somewhere already)
5. Handmade gifts are made with love! Share your love!

And now some links to great gift diy projects (click photos for links):
How adorable?! And not too difficult to make (I know from experience)
Easy to follow tutorial. I've made myself two and my friend one! We love them!
The recipe I used for peanut butter cups- delicious!
Enjoy today,
Addie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...