Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Views on success

I had all but forgotten about my garden until my mom went outside to pick some herbs. She came back with a small handful of tiny carrots and radishes. I took a moment to enjoy my small harvest, and I was just amazed that I had managed to grow much at all.

I'm no good at it, but gardening is something I enjoy. The idea of growing my own vegetables makes me excited, even though the reality is that I will hardly grow enough for a salad.




Maybe next year I'll be able to get at least a meal out of my garden, but that's not important. I love getting dirt under my fingernails and having an excuse to wear overalls, and that makes the work worth it.
Sure my kale hardly grew an inch, but sometimes that's where the fun is. When discussing his search for the perfect light bulb filament did Thomas Edison not say "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"? I did not grow an unsuccessful garden, I simply found the proper way to not to.

Enjoy today,
Addie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...