Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A little something special

I've talked before about treating ourselves to small delights. (Read here about my pumpkin) Well, I've done it again! At the local farmer's market I was buying produce when I came across a vendor who was selling bags of walnuts in the shell.


They were so beautiful, I just had to buy them. I put them in a bowl on the kitchen counter, and they bring me a little bit of joy every time I see them. They are lovely, fun to crack, and they remind me of the bowl of nuts in the shell that sometimes sat in my grandmother's living room.

There is something about cracking open a nut. It's a bit of nostalgia for the days when nutcrackers were commonplace and "Walnut Pieces" didn't come in bags at the grocery store. The shell adds an element of simplicity, something I'm always looking for.

Finding simplicity and joy in unexpected things is one way I bring happiness into every day.

Enjoy today,
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...