Thursday, May 30, 2013

A box of clothes: gone

In my previous post My closet overfloweth, I told you all about my love-love relationship with clothes and my love-hate relationship with having lots of them. Though I enjoy having a full wardrobe with many choices, I recognize how much easier it is to get dressed in the morning when all I have are favorites. Every outfit makes me feel good and I never have blah days where I'm wearing something uncomfortable or something I just don't feel good in.

I do feel guilty about the clothes that sit in my closet hardly or never worn. So to them I say: it's not you, it's me. And then I send them on their way. I try to always buy quality clothes that will last, so what I get rid of often has quite a bit of life left in it. It's nice to know that though I didn't benefit from the long-lasting quality, someone else will.

Last time, I gave you a list of everything in my closet. This time, I give you a list of everything in the first box on its way out.

Box #1:
  • 3 pairs of gloves
  • 1 hat
  • 1 pair of fuzzy socks
  • 2 tank tops
  • 1 pair of running shorts
  • 1 sleeveless top
  • 2 long sleeve tops
  • 1 belt
  • 1 old sports bra
  • 1 pair of spanks (shorts to wear under skirts)
  • 1 tankini top
  • 1 bikini top
  • 3 athletic t-shirts 
  • 2 headscarves
  • 1 bra
Grand total: 22 items
Updated closet total: 178 items

As of now, I'm not sure what my goal is. Ideally I'd like to reduce my clothes and shoes to 100 items, but college is getting in the way. While 100 items (or less) is completely doable in the mild Pacific Northwest climate, I have to account for cold and snowy winters in Colorado as well as really hot summers. For the next four years (minimum) I may have to keep a few extra items hanging around like the winter coat that I do not yet own since it really doesn't get cold enough here. I'll do my best to scale down as much as I can. Besides, I can only take to college what clothes will fit in a few suitcases. 

Enjoy today,
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...